What, 2016 already? And only 44 days ’til Valentine’s Day? Where does the time go?
Last night was a raucous one, at least by my standards, and involved four people between the ages of 25 and 29, two people within that age group who dropped by, and two people decades older.
• Raw oysters
• Duck foie gras terrine on homemade cornbread
• Roasted leg of Icelandic lamb with Brussels sprouts and cipollini
• Orecchiette with fresh black truffles
• Paddleback caviar and creme fraiche
• Meringues and pot de creme
And fortunately no one drank much. Good wines so a glass per bottle, which meant about four glasses over five hours. (Talbot, a Gamay-Pinot Noir blend from Burgundy, and a Brut Roederer)
Only 364 days until 2017.